sábado, 10 de janeiro de 2015

CONFESSIONS OF A FUNERAL DIRECTOR

Why I Became a Mourning Doula

I’ve been around death A LOT.   When I was 4 one of my playmates, a 5 y/o, died of an asthma attack.   They buried her and planted a tree at school in her memory.  I couldn’t wrap my little brain around it – where did she go, and why did they plant a tree?  Was she inside that tree?

A few years later, my grandmother’s tenant died, her body there on the apartment floor.   Then when I was 11, my friend and I were about to deliver our newspaper route, when her mom was discovered.  She’d had a stroke while leaning over to pull cookies out of the oven.  Her face lying on the hot open oven door ’til found was not a pretty scene.

continua em CONFESSIONS OF A FUNERAL DIRECTOR
Helping Humanity Befriend Mortality

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário